July 22, 2020 at 1:43 ammemoSubscriber
I am trying to perform a Multiphysics simulation (fluid flow (CFX) and Transient structural) on my university's HPC. I can work with the GUI on windows. Currently, I am just able to run the simulation in parallel mode using only one node and N partitions (using the -np command). However, I have access to three nodes and would like to use all of these nodes to run the ANSYS APDL in parallel mode.
Can anyone tell me how can I use three nodes each with N partitions, please?
My fluid and structure parts only contain 300K and 200K elements, respectively. Currently, I am using 90 partitions for the fluid and 30 partitions for the structural side. Why my Multiphysics simulation is so slow?
Thanks in advance.
September 12, 2020 at 1:06 amStephen OrlandoAnsys EmployeeCFX performance decreases when the number of elements per partition is this low. The percent overlap between partitions in the .out file should be 20% at most. Decreasing the number of cores should improve performance.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- unable to open files in ansys
- How to move duplicated ansys project position in workbench GUI
- Download MATLAB toolbox AnsysAAS
- An unknown error with memory occurred during solution.
- Error: Unable to open some designs in this project – Corrupted project files
- Desginpoints in Ansys 18.2 workbench got stuck at the stage of updating model in static structural
- Ansys solving system coupling problems on a remote cluster does not provide constant results.
- ANSYS Multi field 2-way FSI data coupling issue
- Material constant Damping calculation
- Different initial temperature conditions for two different object in transient-thermal
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.