Fluids

Fluids

ansys new student new version

• Fabricio1
      Subscriber

When I used ansys version 18.2 I could not use fluent so I did all the simulations with ansys cfx. Now I installed the latest version of ansys student 2019 R2 and I can use fluent ansys and ansys cfx, but after running an old model on ansys cfx and using ansys fluent, now all the old models I want to reopen no longer open with ansys cfx but only with ansys fluent for which these old models were not made. How to choose which program I will open the old models

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Which old models? Please be more comprehensive.
    • Fabricio1
      Subscriber

The ones i generated using ansys cfx student version 18.2

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If you have .res or .def files they're for CFX.  If you have .cas and .dat files they're for Fluent.  Note, we can read R18.2 files into 2019R2 but you (usually) can't read 2019R2 files into R18.2  

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Still Not clear you can only get mesh out of CFX in Fluent and nothing more out of the box.
    • Fabricio1
      Subscriber

when i first opened  any model using ansys workbench 2019 R2 it opennede as a cfx model. Buta when a start using a fluent tutorial to create a wave model all of sudden i could not open any of my cfx files anymore they all appear in a fluent box

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Add screenshots please.

• Fabricio1
      Subscriber

i solved the problem  using student version 2019  R1 to open my old cfx projects and the student version 2019 R2 only for new projects using fluent only

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.