Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS not finding student license

• amwlol
      Subscriber

Hi! I just installed ansys student and when i try to open it, no analysis workbench is found. When i run the User License Preferences 2019 R2 there are no displayed licenses. I can compare with  my laptop where the program runs and i have also found out that the ANSYS Licensing interconnect application is not running as a process from my computer. I have tried starting the ansysli_client manually with no success.

I have no installation error logs either so i dont know why the program isn't finding my license.

Thanks in advance !

• amwlol
      Subscriber

Update:

I got this message now when starting workbench for the third time (And tried not running firewall while using workbench)

ANSYSLI exited or could not read server port ansysli_client.************* <--- name of my pc and some numbers

• amwlol
      Subscriber

This is what i get when i run user preferences license app.

• amwlol
      Subscriber

Update: After another reinstall the ansys licensing interconnect application is now running. Still no analsysis workbench showing in the toolbox.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Are you installing Ansys Student or Ansys "Full" from the University?  

• amwlol
      Subscriber
      Managed to find the problem. An enviroment variable was missing (one that pointed towards the license). I think it wass called ANSYSLMD_LICENSE_FILE or something similar. Added it and ran workbench as admin and now it works!!!
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.