November 27, 2022 at 4:10 pmagarwa20Subscriber
I am using optiSlang in a server on which job queuing will be implemented. Will I be able to use optiSlang with queuing?
December 5, 2022 at 4:30 pmJoe PericSubscriber
I am helping Aniruddha with this issue and I am his on-premisis technical contact.
We are looking to implement SLURM for job queueing but it seems that it is not possible to include this product as the solver cannot be invoked from the terminal and the program doesn't support X11 forwarding which would apparnetly make queuing possible.
Any advice would be helpful.
December 8, 2022 at 7:42 pmMangesh BhideAnsys Employee
- “Can I run Optislang from command line / batch? Yes. please refer Batch mode at ” https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/opti_ug/opti_ug_start_optislang.html Solver environment and options can be configured or scripted to be submit solve to the compute resources allocated by the scheduler.
- other option: Optislang need not necessarily run on the scheduler nodes and could run out of the scheduler environment on a resource with graphics. The solvers in the optimization loops could leverage the compute in the scheduler. For this in some cases it will be possible to use “out of the box” RSM to slurm depending upon solver being used (see https://www.ansys.com/content/dam/it-solutions/platform-support/2022-r2-job-schedulers-queuing-systems-support.pdf ).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.