May 25, 2023 at 3:06 amMaida FarooqSubscriber
I am trying to simulate an inductor in HFSS and Q3d and the AC resistances extracted from both have substantial differences. The simulation range is 30Hz - 200 kHz. The low frequency ac resistance is lower in HFSS compared to Q3d where the higher frequency ac resistance is higher in HFSS compared to Q3d. I am not sure which simulation is giving the correct values. The simulation setup in both is : Single-Frequency (200 kHz) with a sweep range (30Hz to 200kHz) with 2000 data points. I have also attached both results.
June 5, 2023 at 3:19 pmAymenAnsys Employee
For these relatively low frequencies Q3D is the tool to prefer for such simulations
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.