February 24, 2022 at 5:57 amomidbafkarSubscriber
I have two questions folks,
1) I was wondering if I can install ANSYS 2022R2 64bit (Linux) on my HPC that is already have ANSYS 2022R2 installed on its Windows OS? Please see the figure for more information.
2) I also want to know if 1 is possible, then can I use the same machine to submit the jobs using Remote Solver Scheduler?
I know ANSYS Solver Scheduler for Fluent is working with Linux that is why I am going with it. So, I want to use a HPC to send jobs by Remote Solver Scheduler.
ThanksMarch 2, 2022 at 2:07 pmMangesh BhideAnsys EmployeeHello,
Ansys works on supported versions of Windows and Linux Operating systems. Current release supported data for Operating systems and also VDI at https://www.ansys.com/it-solutions/platform-support
Ansys runnign on Windows should be able to submit to a Linux machine using RSM and vice versa
March 6, 2022 at 6:11 amomidbafkarSubscriberThanks Mangesh,
Just clarifying, I have a HPC that has a windows installed on it and I want to install Linux OS virtually, so I can use RSM to submit the jobs on the same computer.
Do I also need to install ANSYS (Linux version) on the same HPC?
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.