Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS Requirements?

• Asmail76
      Subscriber
      Hi, everyone in this community.
      Could you please help me to find ANSYS requirements. I am going to do some simulation in the field of wind turbines and I would like to buy new laptop .
      What is the best specification ( processor , Ram, graphic card,....etc) which is met with my simulation? And could any one recommend type of laptops( Dell, Hp, ...etc)
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

First thing first, are you going to use the ANSYS Student (free) version or you have some academic licenses ? 

If the former is the case, your model size will be restricted.

Thanks,

Win

• Asmail76
      Subscriber

Yes, I am going to use the ANSYS student free version.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

For student version pretty much anything that's OK for gaming will work, you just need to check the graphics card. If you already have a laptop try the software on that first. Supported hardware  https://www.ansys.com/solutions/solutions-by-role/it-professionals/platform-support   Note, we don't have a Mac build for those poor Apple addicts. 

The reason for checking the licence is that you can only use 512k cells, so (roughly) will only use 1-2GB RAM maximum. With unlimited cell count (Research or Commercial keys) solving over a billion (10^12) cells is becoming common, but not yet routine. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.