March 2, 2022 at 10:50 pmMkrSubscriber
Hello, We have a student trying to run a simulation on our HPC system. She is getting the following when Ansys is trying to run the pcg solver:
***** FATAL ERROR *****
Call to fAnsMemAlloc with negative length= -1742176960
This is probably due to an integer overflow in
the calculation of the block size.
The data type is= 1 and the block name= SFLoadFlag
A traceback follows
Can anyone please offer any advice on this and some possible solutions to try.
We are running using smp across 64 nodes with 2TB memory allocation. The db model has already been created and boundary conditions assigned. The model size is 98GB. The ansys script simply resumes the model (this seems to be fine) and tries to solve it. We have checked the BC's and there is no rigid body motion.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
MelMarch 3, 2022 at 8:37 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
Can we suggest to try and split the load up (SF commands) so to have multiple SF commands (instead of one) as this might be one of the reasons.
All the best
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.