Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS SPACE CLAIM not working

• Hemnathmdm15d002
      Subscriber

Hello sir/madam,

We are using a licensed version of ANSYS ACADEMIC 19.3 as well ANSYS RESEARCH at our institute. 

I am facing an issue while using ANSYS SPACE CLAIM. It was working normally, but from today it is not working or opening. When i tried to open it, it's prompting with an error " Geometry editor was closed abnormally". Could someone help me to resolve this issue? 

Adding to the above, in this path

C:Program FilesANSYS Incv195commonfilesconfigswinx64config

I could not find AnsConfigSpaceClaim.exe

I would like to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Attached the registry editor screenshot as well.

Thanks in advance

Hemnath

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

If you reinstall, do you still miss this AnsConfigSpaceClaim.exe ?

It should exist, otherwise, you can't configure SpaceClaim.

• Hemnathmdm15d002
      Subscriber

Yes sir. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the package. Still having the same issue. 

Last week i faced an issue like the "ANSYS WORKBENCH" was launching but when i tried to maximize from the taskbar, I was unable to see the window. 

On seeing some online solutions, i used sfc /scannow in command prompt to resolve it. After that workbench started working well.

Would that have caused a trouble to spaceclaim.exe

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

That's because it's off-screen. You can refer to

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/workbench-not-opening-2020-r1/

Even though that's resolved, it's still good to try the 'move' command that I mentioned in that post again as it could help with other issues that you may have too.

I'm not sure how the AnsConfigSpaceClaim.exe is missing. Can you re-download the installation package from the website ? What's the name of the package (the file name)

Make sure you completely remove your current ANSYS Inc installation folder before you proceed with the re-installation. Also, use 'run as administrator' when running the setup.exe (the installer)

Is AnsConfigSpaceClaim.exe still missing ?

• Hemnathmdm15d002
      Subscriber
      Thanks for the first solution regarding the off screen. It got resolved.
      For the issue regarding spaceclaim, I have downloaded STRUCTURES_2019R3_WINX64 package from the website and that too working smooth without any issue. nMuch Thanks Mr. tsiriaks:)nn
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      That's great ! Thank you for the update. I'm glad everything is good now n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.