General Mechanical

General Mechanical

ANSYS Static Structural Keeps Closing

• helen.durand
      Subscriber
      Good morning,nI am running ANSYS Static Structural on a computing cluster. My Static Structural simulation is intended to receive temperature and pressure results from a steady-state Fluent simulation. The Fluent simulation results use one mesh, but the mesh for structural is finer.nWhen I attempt to import the temperature profile, Static Structural thinks about it for a minute or two and then closes without an error message given. I have tried different mapping controls and this remains true. What could cause that kind of behavior where the program closes with no error message, and I am not able to do the import?nThank you!n
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nnCan you try using the External Data to import the data from Fluent and then link the same to the static structural system which will help to map the temperature and pressure data? The data from Fluent must have the locations X, Y , Z , Pressure and Temperature values.nnFollowing link will give you the details on the use of External Data:nnRegards,nAshish Khemkan
    • helen.durand
      Subscriber
      Thank you for the replay, Ashish Khemka!nI have had much more success using the external data feature.nAs a follow up question, why is using external data work in this case while the other way does not?n
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nUsing External Data is the direct and easy way of importing the data into the analysis but I am not sure on what is going wrong when you directly link the Fluent to a Structural analysis.nnRegards,nAshish Khemkann
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.