Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS STUDENT 18.2 license expiry

• Abhijeet Das
      Subscriber

I downloaded  ANSYS STUDENT 18.2  one month ago which had a validity duration of 12 months. I have just used it for a month and its popping up a message that my "license is going to expire in next 29 days ". I checked it again via .lic file and its showing that my expiration date is 31/08/2018. How to renew ??

• dsurendr
      Ansys Employee

Hello Abhijeet,

I would recommend you to download and install ANSYS Student 19.1 (latest version) - the license file that comes with this version would be valid until 30-April-2019

• dsurendr
      Ansys Employee

Abhijeet,

Please also make sure that you install in the same directory as the v182 (Default would be C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Student)

Thank you.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Abhijeet,

Also, to clarify about the 'license duration' . This is not 'usage duration' . It always has a fix expiration date. So when it approaches that date, regardless of how much you've used it, it will expire.

Thank you,

Win

• Abhijeet Das
      Subscriber

So please can you suggest me how to renew it after expiration ?

Regards

Abhijeet

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Abhijeet,

You can follow Divya's suggestion to install v19.1 in the same directory that your 18.2 is installed on.

This would update the student.lic file under (default location) C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensing

So, you would be able to extend the license for v18.2 and can also use it with v19.1

Thank you,

Win

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.