Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Ansys Student 19.2 – Help function does not work

• franz
      Subscriber

Hello, 

I am a Student and starting to do some Simulations using Ansys Fluent. Ansys provides some nice tutorials in the integrated "help" function, that would be cool to have access to. Unfortunately "help" does not work for me. It opens up a web browser window and wants me to sign in on the ansys  customer support site, but since I only have a student licence, I cannot register as a customer. 

The second option I tried was to us the local offline  help, but the files seem not to be present in my local installation.

I am litterally googling in a circle, although  I am pretty sure the solution is very simple.

Best regards,

franz

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Franz,

I don't think the second option is available for the student version. It requires an extra installation package, which is in the ANSYS Customer Portal that only customers with paid licenses can access.

However, for the first option, you can try the workaround described here

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/links-to-help-go-to-customer-portal-sign-in-page/

Thank you,

Win

• munkhunur
      Subscriber
      nHello Win,nYou said extra installation package we should install to get in the ANSYS help. However, What is the name of that package must I download from ansys customer portal site?nCould you clarify that please?nThank younUnurn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      It's in the extras bit, and you should see a documentation section. Pick the biggest of the 3(?) downloads. n
    • munkhunur
      Subscriber
      Dear RobnI got it. Thank you very much.nRegardsnUnurn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.