Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS Student Download Critical Error Upon Startup

• jheb172
      Subscriber

After downloading the ANSYS free student download, unzipping the file, opening it, running the "setup" application as administrator, and starting the installation, shortly after the install starts I get a "critical error" that does not give a description because the popup just freezes and I have to force close everything. Any suggestions?

I've downloaded free student download softwares before with no problem. In fact, I just downloaded the student version of ANSYS on my office CPU with no problem. On my laptop I am having issues. Free disc space is fine. My CPU is a 2016 ASUS so should have the power and capability. I'm a PhD student and need ANSYS for a class I'm taking this semester.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

Check for virus scanning blocking installation.

Also, is there any errors in the install.log file or install.err file under:
      C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student

• jheb172
      Subscriber

I just tried removing a lot of potential block from my Mcafee virus scanning software. Attempted to download and reinstall. After downloading, running "setup" as administrator, then starting the install, I got an error saying "The manifest file specified for this installation does not exist. Please verify that the install was run according to the documentation. File not found: uninst_data.dat". However, I clicked "ok" on this error and the download proceeded.

• jheb172
      Subscriber

After 93% completion I got the "critical error" the doesn't show a description and the install shut down. Looking at what was downloaded, in the ANSYS Student folder I did not see a install.log file or install.err file. Only a text file titled "install" was shown in this file path. Where else could I potentially find the install.log or install.err file?

• jheb172
      Subscriber

Problem solved was able to find a way to get it installed.

• fabiounterman
        Subscriber

How did you solve it?

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

jheb172,

Can you share what your solution to this issue was?

Many Thanks.
      George

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.