Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS Student: license and availability for PhD thesis and articles

• Zoltan Novak
      Subscriber

Hello!

I'm quite new to ANSYS, downloaded the Student version several days ago, but glad I found it. Actually I couldn't believe it how complex this software until I tried it. I used OpenFOAM before, but that is hell of a pain, a bit old tech and not user-friendly.

I assume I can use it freely and doing project and simulations via the software. However I'm on my first year of PhD Environmental Science and would like to use it for my main topic of PhD as well (including publishing articles for journals, writing my thesis work etc.).

Is this allowed officially?

Could you help me, how the free version of ANSYS, namely the Student version works (12-month only?), what are the permissions come by it?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Zoltan.

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee
      I am editing this thread and removing my previous comment so that there is no confusion: Note that we are not allowing student products for any research, thesis, or publications. The product should be used only for personal learning, solve homework problems and assignments.
    • Zoltan Novak
      Subscriber

Hi!

That is okay, thanks for the instructions and help.!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

To add to Vishal's comment, if your supervisor uses the "Contact Us" button on ansys.com we may be able to put them in touch with other users at your University: that opens up Research licences which don't have the cell count limits of Student. 

• Zoltan Novak
      Subscriber

Oh, and how is that works exactly? Do my collegues need to be registered in, and you linked them along with me?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

We can't link via the Community as it's "public", however, we do have designated users in Universities who we make contact with. Hence your supervisor using the "Contact Us" route. 

• Zoltan Novak
      Subscriber

Thanks for the info. Another I would like to know. Is it a must, that my supervisor write to you? I mean, I could not?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

It's best if the person contacting us is staff, it's slightly region specific but dealing with students can be more difficult. 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.