Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS STUDENT R3 INSTALLATION PROBLEM/ ALL SETUP MENU FROZEN

• Marta13
      Subscriber

I have tried to install 2019 R3 ANSYS STUDENT. No problem with download but when executing Setup.exe with administrator role, all setup menu shows frozen and i cannot progress.

I have checked the following post

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/problem-with-installation-of-ansys-19-2/

and applied recommendation on language pack. I have changed from spanish to english and repeated download, unzip and setup execution and same results.

Can you please help?

• zafer1
      Subscriber

I have same problem with 2020 R1. Need help

• Tiwock
      Subscriber

Hi,

I've just downloaded and installed the 2020 R1 package, but I had some identical issues as described in the link you provided.

My download folder is not on my main partition (because it's a ssd, and I don't want to constantly write on my SSD, which would both take a lot of useless space and damage the disk). So I moved the extracted folder to C:Documents and then ran the setup. It solved the problem.

Hope this could work for both of you

• zafer1
      Subscriber

Oh ok! i don't have a SSD but i will move all setup files to an external HDD or flashdisk and try to setup from there. I think it will make the same work. Thx for your support hope it solve this issue.

• Marta13
      Subscriber

Hey, thank you very much! Moving the folder to the C: disk and then doing the setup actually solved the problem. Thanks for the tip again, already using it!

• zafer1
      Subscriber

it solved my problem too. Thank you so much!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Thanks for sharing your resolution Tiwock

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.