July 20, 2023 at 2:59 amTakamitsu KoyanoSubscriber
Hello, please forgive me for asking this fundamental question.
I am new to this software and I just started using the Ansys software for the research as student. I am currently having few questions regarding to the software install and product, and would be wonderful I could clarify before proceeding.
- I have tried to download the Ansys Electronics Desktop Student, but somehow when the install was finished the desk top shortcut is the one of the Ansys Electronics Desktop but when I open the software it states Ansys Twin Builder Student. I am not sure what went wrong and is this something related to the default setting or some sort? (The computer desktop also have an icon of the Ansys Twin Builder student and when I tried to open it did contain the Ansys Twin Builder student as normally, I am not sure why I have two icon-short cut and both contains Ansys Twin Builder Student and not Ansys Electronics Desktop Student)
- Also I am trying to simulate the rectangular waveguide that has a pin feed in the middle, and connect to the signal generating circuit. My do think I need to do the co-simulating but I am not sure if Twin Builder Student is better or Electronics Student is better.
Sorry for the many confusion, wordiness.
Again thank you so much for help
July 20, 2023 at 12:28 pmAnchal SinghAnsys Employee
Here are the possible solutions/suggestions for your queries:
- Open AEDT Student (for your case it will open the Twin Builder interface), and click on Tools > Options > General Options. In the 'Desktop Configuration' settings, select 'All' for 'Set Targeted Configuration' and 'Default' for 'Custom Menu'. Click OK and restart the AEDT Student 2023R2.
- There is an awesome AIC course on rectangular waveguide simulation in Ansys HFSS. You may find it here - Waveguide Simulation Using Ansys HFSS | Ansys Innovation Courses. Also, there is one example aedt file, pre-loaded with AEDT, that you may find helpful - Open Examples > HFSS > RF Microwave > Coax2Waveguide.aedt
Hope this will help you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- Error while solving Optimetrics
- Concept of Interpolation Sweep in HFSS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.