February 15, 2023 at 10:08 amMarcos GarciaSubscriber
Im running a simulation about topology optimization about a part, which is only 1 body and before that i run the static structural analysis.
I set a range mass between 40-60% with Density Based. After the simulation, the solution is quite strange because the software split the body in 3 differents parts without merge (on the holes, there is a cilindrical support because of the bolted connection and on the top of the object there is a fix support).
What should I do to improve the topology optimiation of this part and get a merge solid like the original one? Could you say me any tips for that simulation related to my object or recommend another kind of method of topology optimization?
Thanks in advance.
February 15, 2023 at 12:25 pmErik KostsonAnsys Employee
See some of our courses and other tutorials online that might help.
All the best
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Colors and Mesh Display
- User manual
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.