General Mechanical

General Mechanical

ANSYS TUTORIAL

• bobby
      Subscriber

Hello guys,

Does anyone know about the tutorial how to design tubular (cylinder) single lap joint in Ansys?

I have searched the related tutorial on youtube but it still can't answer my problem.

If you know or you can, please contact me by email : hakabobby@gmail.com

I really need your help. Thank you

I attach picture here to give you an illustration. 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hello bobby,

What loads do you have to apply to that structure?

1) Draw the geometry in a CAD system. If you have no CAD system, then start with SpaceClaim. Create a component for the larger pipe, and create that solid body, create a component for the smaller pipe and create that solid body. Then create a component for the joint filler, and create that solid body.

2) Bring that Geometry into a Static Structural analysis. Mesh it, apply loads and supports.  Create contacts between the bodies. Solve. Review results.

Note: ANSYS staff are not permitted to open attachments, so please Insert Image directly into the post.

• bobby
      Subscriber

Hello Peteroznewman,

Thank you for replying my question.

I would like to apply dynamics load to that structure so I will do modal analysis. 

I've tried to draw geometry in Ansys, but it's hard for me how to make 3 parts then connect them together?

*by the way the picture that you sent to me was same with my 2D sketch problem

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

You have to spend some time learning the SpaceClaim CAD system. There are tutorials here.

Send the values for R, c, L, t1, t2 and t3 so I can show you.

• bobby
      Subscriber

Yes sir thank you for your advice. Currently, I spend my time to learn about the SpaceClaim CAD system.

here the values for that design :

R= 12.5 mm

c= 20 mm

L= 250 mm

t1= 1.0 mm

t2= 1.0 mm

t3= 0.2 mm

thank you in advance for your help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.