February 23, 2022 at 1:41 pmtyyangSubscriber
I only have uniaxial and shear test data to input into ANSYS for curve fit. After doing so, the Stress-Strain plot shows a calculated biaxial curve which I don't want to include in my analysis. Does anyone know if I can disable that curve? Or ANSYS will not include that curve in analysis by default since there is no test data backing it?February 24, 2022 at 2:28 pmJohn DoyleAnsys EmployeeThe curve fit calculates coefficients for the strain energy density function based on the experimental data that is presented (in your case uniaxial and shear).You will always get the predicted behavior in all three modes of loading. The resulting biaxial curve, in your case, just represents how the material will respond in compression for these calculated coefficients. Since you didnÔÇÖt include any experimental data for biaxial loading, its validity is uncertain. However, it is still helpful information. It helps you understand the limits of these calculated coefficients, in all three modes of loading, and what load scenarios might produce a mathematically unstable response.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.