March 30, 2023 at 12:53 pmCorey BadgerSubscriber
I am modelling a structure made from a mixture of shell and beam elements. It will represent a plates structure that is suspended by 3 beams / bracers. I have modelled the structure and the yokes / connecting parts of the beams with shell elements and the main body of beams with line elements. I have not modelled any pins element, instead I used joints features. I used body to body between the suspended part and the supporting bracers and ground to body to anchor the suspending beams.
This works well enough. However, when I introduced a plate that connects the bottom members and fixed it the solutions failed with a pivot error.
I have tried a number of different variations and combinations of contacts and joints but nothing worked. I have had some weird situations where the supported part would increase its size enormously.
Does anyone know if there might be a limitation to what can be used with the joint method? Especially in Ansys 15.
March 30, 2023 at 1:22 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.