Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Workbench 18.2

• Will_1
      Subscriber

Hi, I'm currently having an issue with my Ansys workbench 18.2 student product. I've look on this forum and tried a few things but none of them worked out for me.

1st: Uninstall ansys and delete folders in %AppData% 

After trying this and then run setup.exe, the same problem occured: I don't have acces to any simulation on workbench 

2nd: Change date and time in the folders

I've deleted a few folders and changed some date/time in the license server but it didn't work.

What should I do? I need Ansys 18.2 since it's what we use at  École de Technologie Supérieure and it's the same product that we use in my scientific club : Chinook ETS  

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

My best guess is that the built-in license key has expired, as Release 18.2 is now >1 year old.

Can you instead upgrade to the Release 19.2 (or 19.1) ANSYS Student product?   

• Will_1
      Subscriber

I can't since Ansys sponsored our scientific club ANSYS 18.2 (complete license) and my University is also running Workbench 18.2... I'm afraid that, if I work with ANSYS 19.2 I won't be able to open my work on the school computers...

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi will4074,

So, it worked before on this machine with this username ?

Could you post the screenshot of the output of the 'set' command (without quote ' ') from the CMD Prompt ?

Also, in the Windows search (from taskbar), type

%temp%.ansys

then look for the file that says 'demo..log' 

Open this file up and scroll to the bottom of the file and post the screenshots of it

Thank you,

Win

• Will_1
      Subscriber

Here are the screenshot Win,

I find it funny that there is an expiration date on the license since it's a student version and you guys say that there is no expiration date usually  

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi will4074,

Unfortunately, like Paul has mentioned, it seems the issue is that your license has expired. However, you can easily renew it without updating the version or even reinstall v18.2 by following my trick posted in this thread

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/license-refresh-without-changing-the-version-of-ansys/?order=all#comment-a42e3ba1-6b6c-450a-ac59-a96f0107b975

Note that you can download any version. We essentially only need the 'student.lic' file from the package.

Thank you,

Win

• Will_1
      Subscriber

Sorry for the late response Win, 

Thank you very much for your help! I can finally use workbench.

Will

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Will,

That's great ! Thank you for the confirmation.

Could you mark the post as 'Is Solution' so that we know this thread is resolved ?

Thank you,

Win

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.