Preprocessing

Preprocessing

ANSYS WORKBENCH backup problem

• Tayyaba
      Subscriber
      Hi all,nI encounter a problem with Workbench, because of backup: when I run my FSI simulations after some simulation, the quantity of simulation a seperate back up folder is generated on the location folder and occupies a lot of GB quantity on harddisk. Unfortunately for me, the space on hard disk decreases suddenly as ANSYS made some beckups of simulations, and in this manner ocupped memory space from harddisk.nCan tell me somebody how I can get rid of this problem, because initially I did not encounter this trouble.n Thanks in advance to all which can offer me an solution or explanation from my problem.nnRegardsnTayyaban
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Can you please check by changing temp file location. You can change temp file location in WB using Tools --> Options. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • Tayyaba
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much for your reply.nActually the space is occupied by the result file which is in GBs, and when it is saved seperately in a backup folder it takes much space.nIs there any way to clear the option of creating backup in ANSYS WORKBENCH? nWhenever I save my data the file.backup is created. It takes 50 or 60 GB and still more when a transient FSI simulation is running...and copying in the backup everything. nA few months ago I did not have this problem.nWaiting for any kind response furthernRegardsnTayyaban
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,As far as I know you can not disable entire back up and also it is not recommended. nYou need to reduce your model size. nFew things you can do in each tool separately. Like in SpaceClaim you can change back up frequency nAlso you can change auto save frequency in Fluent. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • Tayyaba
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much for your kind reply.nnCould you please tell me how to change backup frequency in transient structural domain?.ThanksnTayyaban
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      I will ask somebody from structural to reply. Till then can you please check in help document. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nnUnder Analysis Settings -> Output Controls -> You will need to change the Output Controls - what data you need to output, the frequency at which you want to store the results:nnnHope this helps.nnRegards,nAshish Khemkan
    • Tayyaba
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much for your kind help.nnWhen my simulations are over and I have saved all the data, is it still safe to delete the backup?.RegardsnTayyaban
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.