Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

ANSYS Workbench has stopped working

• dids
      Subscriber

HI,

When I am starting Ansys, I get this message:

I reinstalled Ansys but It did not disappear.

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Array Was this previously working? Please try renaming your %APPDATA%\Ansys directory to %APPDATA%\Ansys.old.n
    • dids
      Subscriber
      ArraynNo it never worked. Where is %APPDATA%\Ansys, i don't find itnnArrayn
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Please share the full text of your C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\install.log and install.err files.n
    • dids
      Subscriber
      Array n>>>--------------------------------------->nStart Installation: Paz Mar 21 20:49:08 2021nRevision: 2021 R1nnPlatform specifics:n  WindowsnUsername of Installer: Apple-PC\ApplenUser Has Administrator PrivilegesnC:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp2404\instcore.exe -usetempdir C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp2404 -launchdir C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5360.29510 -adminnInitial mount directory:n  C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5360.29510nInstallation Directory:n  C:\Users\Apple\Desktop\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS StudentnnWindows x64n     EnSightDate verification complete...No conflicts found.nnThe installation will copy the prerequisite setup files from the media in case you need to reconfigure later or if you need to configure client machines for products installed to a network share.nThis may take a while ...nSuccessfully copied prerequisites from media.nnYou don't need to install any prerequisites.nnReading the installation media contents - please wait.nn Extraction: C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5360.29510\framewrk\WINX64.7z ...n Extraction: C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5360.29510\instcore\tcl\COMMON.TGZ ...n Extraction: C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5360.29510\instcore\tcl\WINX64.TGZ ...n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      This looks like your install didn't go properly. Please download the product again and extract the .zip file. Once extracted you need to right-click on setup.exe within the extracted files and Run as administrator. You should see something similar to this in the install log:nnInitial mount directory:n  C:\Users\Apple\Downloads\ANSYSACADEMICSTUDENT_2021R1_WINX64nInstallation Directory:n  C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Studentn
    • dids
      Subscriber
      I have both but i don't understand why it makes mistakesn
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Array Your file indicates nInitial mount directory:n  C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5360.29510nnThis would indicate that you are not installing from the extracted files, but instead directly from the zip or temp files. You must extract the zip and run the setup from the extracted files. The install.log and install.err should be in C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Ansys Student
    • dids
      Subscriber
      Array I installed again but i didn't see C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Ansys Student\ this filenn
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      It may not be C:\Program Files, but wherever you installed it there would be an Ansys Inc\Ansys Student.n
    • dids
      Subscriber
      I found what i have to do now nn
    • dids
      Subscriber
      My problem is fluid flow (fluent) mesh part. I finished geometry part then i want to edit mesh part but it give error n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Did you find the %APPDATA% directory to delete the Ansys files? It is typically C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming. Please try renaming Ansys to Ansys.old. Please share the error messages if they persist.n
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.