General Mechanical

General Mechanical

ANSYS workbench is full slow to import the model

• chethan.kanchanahallinarayana
      Subscriber
      When I try to import the Bonemat model [.cdb file] into the Ansys workbench, the Ansys workbench will become full slow. I am using 256GB Ram System. Kindly help me to resolve this issue

Looking forward to your response at the earliest
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

Hi Chethan,

What is the size of the model? Is it a large model?

Regards,

Ashish Khemka

Subscriber

It's 2mm Mesh, and the size of the model is 10MB. The material property is assigned in bonemat and saved in .cdb file. This .cdb file is imported into Ansys workbench using an external model module. Attached the picture for your reference.

Subscriber

It's taking too much time to load. Almost it is taking 2hours to just load. I am using 256 GB RAM. Also, the processor is AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor    3.90 GHz. I think some setting has to be made. Kindly let me know what to do. 

• Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee

Hi Chethan

Please give some more details as it is not clear what is taking too much time to load.  Is the External Model system taking too much time to process the cdb file and get to the green checkmark state?  Or do you mean that WB Mechanical is slow to load when opening the Model cell from the Static Structural system?  Something else?  Have you saved the WB Project prior to this 'loading' and if so where was it saved?  To a local or network drive?

Mike

Subscriber

Yes, It is taking too much time to load into the extral model system, and also too much time when I connect to static structural and turn into a green mark state. [Almost 3 hours just to load and turn into green]. After that, it takes too much time again to open in the Static Structural system. 

Once it loads and opens I don't have any issues in running the analysis. 

I have saved it into a local Disk(D) by creating a folder. If you can connect me online in a zoom meeting I can share my screen and show you the problem. Looking forward to your response 

• Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee

Hi Chetan

Does the FEM happen to have a unique material model defined for every element?  Or does every solid element have a unique local coordinate system defined?  If yes to either how many material models or coordinate systems are defined?
      Mike

Subscriber

Please find the pictures. It has a summary. Total nodes 177248 and total elements 66589.  

The computer system has 32 core and 256GB Ram with AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor    3.90 GHz

I request you to join an online zoom meeting, so I can share the screen and you can look into the files and suggest me the changes

• Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee

Chethan

Please try the following: on the WB Project Page right-click the Model cell of the Static Structural and chose to Reset it.  Now make sure that the Properties view is on (WB -> View -> Properties); single click the Model cell and uncheck the 'Create Geometry' on line 20.  Now open the model: how long does it take to process?

Mike

Subscriber

Dear Mike,

I have followed the steps you mentioned in the previous chat.

1. I have imported .cdb file first to the External model and updated it first. {It got updated fast]
      2. Then I called static structural and linked setup to engineering data. [It took 5min to update]
      3. Next, I connected the setup to the model and unchecked 'create geometry' line 20 as you mentioned 
      4. Now when I try to open it takes the same as last time to open almost two hours [The system hangs for a while if I try to open] 

I have attached my system configuration for your kind reference. 

Could you join an online meeting using [send link to chethanknarayan@gmail.com] [ Zoom or google meet and have a look at the issue, so I can share my screen] It

It's urgent so

Chethan

Subscriber

Subscriber

Hi Mike,

with respect to previous my message, I am still waiting for your reply. May I know what setting I need to do so that it won't take too much time to load the .cdb file?

Chethan

Subscriber

Dear Mike,

I am waiting for your response. Kindly do the needful at the earliest

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.