March 12, 2021 at 8:39 amBD1995Subscriber
Hello, I'm using Ansys workbench and I don't know how to apply commands for pipe elements. I have a pipeline model shown in the figure below.March 19, 2021 at 1:52 pmDave LoomanAnsys EmployeeIt's confusing to have to specify a free surface when the piping system is closed and all you want is to include the weight of the internal fluid. It's required though (to compute hydrostatic pressure), so if the largest z coordinate of your nodes is 10.0, the command you started would be: SFE,ALL,3,PRES,,10.1. Since you specified MINT=3 in your SECDATA command you need to have a material property 3 defined with a command like MP,DENS,3,9.34e-5 ! water in lb-in system. nMarch 23, 2021 at 10:56 amBD1995SubscriberThank you so much for help. it's a bit confusing, but this will solve the problem! nViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.