Ansys Products

Ansys Products

AnsysWBU.exe problem

• Timred
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am having an issue with "Ansyswbu"

Using a student version of ANSYS 2019 R3, I can never access the "Model" part of the project. I have no issue importing a part or creating one with DesignModeler, however, anytime I try to go to the next step of the project to make a meshing and such I receive an error message(I joined both texts I received to this publication), sometimes a new page opens for Modeling but it never shows my part and doesn't let me refresh the project from there (or do anything).

This problem happens whether I am in Static Structural or any other type of analysis. Until its license expired I could use with no issue Ansys 2019 R1. I tried with the three different version now available for students (2019 R2, 2019 R3 and 2020 R1) but the exact same problem occurs.

I am aware other people have encountered this problem before but none of the previous solutions I found have worked in my case.

Thank you for any help.

Best Regards,

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

As ANSYS Staff, we can not download attachments. Please insert images using insert image functionality. 

Please post the questions in appropriate category. Moving this question to other category to get better response. 

Moving to installation category. 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

This is likely a graphics issue. What graphics card do you have on the machine ? Did you try updating its driver ?

• Timred
      Subscriber

Each time between installing and uninstalling a version I checked for updates for my drivers and graphic card, I was always up to date according to my laptop.

The graphic card I have is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050.

Hope it helps

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Did you check that from Windows Device Manager or from Nvidia website ? Make sure you have the latest from Nvidia website.

Do you still have 2019 R1 installed ? If so, its license should be automatically renewed after you installed these new ANSYS versions. See if 2019 R1 still run fine for you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.