Electronics

Electronics

Antenna Model-Unexpected Error (Matrix Entry ID)

• UzayBengi
      Subscriber

Hello everyone, I have been struggling with an error in my HFSS model. My purpose is to place antennas on a human body model. Therefore, I am initially wrapping my antenna on the body, then I create my port with objects created from the loop edges. In my design, I have 6 antennas and 5 of them seem working well, however; the last antenna causes an error. Here is the error text:

Solving adaptive frequency..., process hf3d error: Invalid matrix entry on tet ID = 2. Please contact ANSYS technical support.

Even though I change the position of this antenna I took the same error but the ID part in the error became 1367 and 1369. Has anyone gone through this problem? How can I solve it? Thank you all !!

• Praneeth
      Ansys Employee

Can you check if your port is defined on a straight plane or on a curved plane?
      If the port is applied to curved surface then try to adjust it to be on flat plane.
      All the very best Praneeth.
    • UzayBengi
      Subscriber
      Due to the wrapped structure, I cannot define my ports as: create plane -> assign excitation. I create my ports as follows: choose 2 edges of the loop(2 edges where the port is placed) -> create an object from the edges then connect them -> assign excitation. Therefore, I cannot define a flat port in this project. The other antennas did not cause that problem actually, or they will cause but after I somehow solve the problem on this antenna. Can I change port restrictions in some settings? Maybe I could make them work even if the planes are not flat.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.