August 25, 2022 at 7:26 pmjavat33489Subscriber
Hello everyone dear.
I have some questions about metal cutting with LS-DYNA. I would like to consult with you.
1. When cutting metal, the cutting wedge is a rigid body, and the rock is a destructible body. If the wedge has teeth made of another metal, can I make them non-rigid body to see how they deform?
2. If I'm simulating cutting 100mm of rock and I need to cut 1000m, can I loop the calculation to see how the teeth deform after 1000m? How to do it?
September 4, 2022 at 1:13 pmjavat33489Subscriber
What do you think about these questions guys?
September 12, 2022 at 11:57 amRam GopisettiAnsys Employee
Hello, yes, you can make it non rigid to see how it deforms
if the rock is 100mm how can you cut 1000m, can you reframe this question.
September 12, 2022 at 4:08 pmjavat33489Subscriber
For example, I need to drill 1000 meters of rock and see how the drill wears off. But I can't create a rock model 1000 meters long and make such a calculation, it will be considered for a whole year. How can I scale this calculation?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Which analysis to use for dynamic and quasi-static compression of auxetic structures?
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- LS-Dyna not appearing in ANSYS Workbench
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
- Pressure on line body in explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamic modeling of machining process coupled with thermal