Fluids

Fluids

anybody know how to fix reverse flow

• rafijr11
      Subscriber

i tried to simulation to find coefficeint drag and lift to car body, what should i do to fix this reverse flow. Here is my boundary condition and mesh

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nSince you are modeling an external flow problem, I'd strongly recommend that you extend your overall computational domain further downstream of the car. Your outlet boundary might be in the wake region behind the car.nAlso, please improve the mesh quality. Max skewness should be lower than 0.9 for a good mesh.nAlso, if you haven't seen this example from our Ansys Innovation Courses, I'd recommend that watch the video and test this 2D set-up. nI hope this helps.nThanks.nKarthikn
    • rafijr11
      Subscriber
      i already sizing the mesh but it doesn't work to decrase the skewnes n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What meshing method are you using? If it's the Hexa Dominant one then change it: it's designed for Mech models where they need a good surface mesh and unfortunately the volume mesh isn't any good for CFD. You also want to read up on wind tunnel domain sizing to get an idea of how big the outer domain needs to be relative to the object of interest. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.