General Mechanical

General Mechanical

• mechanical115
      Subscriber
      Again and again i am not able to solve the sfd and bmd for beam element 188. They are showing ETABLE not defined

please help me out
    • mechanical115
      Subscriber
      Please help for the above issue
    • jj77
      Subscriber

We have answered - you need to check your posts instead of writing new ones:

As per previous:

For stresses just render the cross section (/eshape,1,1) and one can contour them (just go to element stresses on POST26)

For forces, and moments and etable see this (you need to give the table also a name - see this link for details):

http://engr.bd.psu.edu/davej/classes/lec_ppbeams.html

• mechanical115
      Subscriber
      Bro thats ok ..i know the SMISC numbers for beam 188 but it is showing me the database does not exist.and also for other problems it is not showing me vonmises stresses ....i am able to just model and solve the problem in general post proccessor the elemant table are not getting defined .....i think some file is error
    • mechanical115
      Subscriber
      You just refer to the photos ...i am easily able to do the same problem in ansys 13 version in other place. but i am getting this problem in my home practice

Please help me out
    • mechanical115
      Subscriber
      See the mentioned phots i just defined the table by same... by seq number followed by smisc in 13 version but here it is getting error.anyhow my freinds can able to do the same problem in same 19 version which i am not in my system.

Please help
    • jj77
      Subscriber
      Not sure. If it works in 19, use that. Student version 19 is free for students.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.