July 4, 2020 at 8:34 pmSharnishSubscriber
For my project, I am using the modal analysis to extract the mass and stiffness matrices using *DMAT command and eigenvalue using *Eigen command respectively. But the eigenvalue calculated in MATLAB using extracted the mass and stiffness matrix is not matching with the ANSYS result. I have modelled a simple cantilever beam with 4 elements for this experiment. Each element has 4 nodes. I am unable to figure out the reason for the mismatch in results. I am trying to calculate the damping matrix using the mass and stiffness matrices of the undamped structure by using first-order perturbation method. Since the eigenvalues are not matching I am not able to make further progress. So I thought of using APDL commands to do calculations. So my questions are
1. Has anyone tried calculating the eigenvalue using Matlab already? Can someone help me to resolve this problem?
2. Is it possible to import the extracted matrix file using APDL command into ANSYS workbench and do further manipulations?
It would be of great help if someone can help me with this. I have attached the necessary file for further reference. Thanks in advance.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.