General Mechanical

General Mechanical

APDL Commands for Matrix operations

• Sharnish
      Subscriber

Dear All,

For my project, I am using the modal analysis to extract the mass and stiffness matrices using *DMAT command and eigenvalue using *Eigen command respectively. But the eigenvalue calculated in MATLAB using extracted the mass and stiffness matrix is not matching with the ANSYS result. I have modelled a simple cantilever beam with 4 elements for this experiment. Each element has 4 nodes. I am unable to figure out the reason for the mismatch in results. I am trying to calculate the damping matrix using the mass and stiffness matrices of the undamped structure by using first-order perturbation method. Since the eigenvalues are not matching I am not able to make further progress. So I thought of using APDL commands to do calculations. So my questions are

1. Has anyone tried calculating the eigenvalue using Matlab already? Can someone help me to resolve this problem?

2. Is it possible to import the extracted matrix file using APDL command into ANSYS workbench and do further manipulations? 

It would be of great help if someone can help me with this. I have attached the necessary file for further reference. Thanks in advance.  

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.