General Mechanical

General Mechanical

APDL commands to save results for each of applied load step

• mkuzwa
      Subscriber

Hi,

I'm new in APDL and I'm looking for a script which I can apply to automatically export Frequency Response results to a .xls file. I have two frequency responses - one depends on X-axis and the other depends on Y-axis of the Global Coordinate System. I have 180 load steps and I need to export those file for every step - doing it manually would be a nightmare.

Frequency response is applied to these two bodies (bolts are not included):

• HuiLiu
      Ansys Employee
      Could you please clarify your question? You said you want to output frequency response, doesn't right click on solution - insert - frequency response work for this purpose? Is the script you posted here from some other model, since it is pointing to a .rth file?n
    • mkuzwa
      Subscriber
      Yes, right click and insert frequency response works, but I need to also to Insert Commands to results, to export those results to excel by using script, because I have a lot of load steps. nAnd yes, the script is from other model which I,ve found on the internet.n
    • HuiLiu
      Ansys Employee
      If you already have the frequency response result under your solution, right click on that frequency response result and export should allow you to export the txt file. Have you tried that and did that work? No matter how many load steps / frequency intervals you have, the frequency response should print the history data that includes all. n
    • mkuzwa
      Subscriber
      I have all design points updated: (now there are only 5 to give an example)nAnd DP 0 is my current design point. I open the results:nAnd here are results only for DP 0.nn
    • mkuzwa
      Subscriber
      OMG sorry, I meant Design Points, not load steps...n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.