General Mechanical

General Mechanical

APDL Software Error During Tutorial

• mlanahan3
      Subscriber

During the Structural Tutorial in the "Introductory Tutorials" for APDL, when I try to select the option "Add/Edit/Delete" from the Element Type drop down (Main Menu > Preprocessor > Element Type > Add/Edit/Delete) the expected dialog box does not appear. Moreover, after clicking this item I am unable to select anything else in the APDL GUI until I force quit the application and restart. 

How do I resolve this issue so that I can view the expected dialog box, allowing me to add element types and complete the tutorial?

Thanks,

Mike

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

That has been noticed (apdl ui given issues).

I would therefor suggest to use it via input files/commands and not from the UI.

E.g., to define elements use ET command, etc. All fo the commands can be found in our command reference manual.

Also there are many input file examples in our help which can be used to learn the command/design language that APDL uses.

All the best

Erik

• Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee

Hi Mike

Try this 'Raise Hidden' tool - the pop-open window may be hidden from view.  Mike

• mlanahan3
      Subscriber

Erik, 

At the moment I'm just following the introductory tutorials and don't want to complicate things. I'll investigate using textual commands in the future.

Mike, your suggestion worked. Thanks for the help!

Mike

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.