General Mechanical

General Mechanical

APDL Stress/Strain Export Commands in Workbench Mechanical Data is not Available

• PSchwarzenberg
      Subscriber

My APDL Stress/Strain export commands in Workbench Mechanical are not working. A command such as: "ETABLE,Exx,EPEL,X", generates the error message of: "The Requested EPEL data is not available. The ETABLE command is ignored". Similar results are seen when attempting to export nodal data as well. 

These exact commands worked previously on the same version of ANSYS (17.2). I have also tried ANSYS 18.2 and 19.2 resulting in the same error. However, if I open a Workbench project that was saved before April 2019, the commands work as expected.

Thanks for the help,

Peter

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

ETABLE is just filling a table with element values of interest. There might be a problem with your selection logic preceding this or the quantity you are requesting might not exist for the material model you have? Please provide more details...Also what version does it actually work in?

• PSchwarzenberg
      Subscriber

In the past the code has worked with the ETABLE command as the first line of the command script. However, even adding an "ESEL, ALL" command gives the same errors. I have attached the previously working code at the bottom of this post, but the error is thrown in the first line and the following math operations are ignored because there is no data. Finally, an error is thrown when a variable is called to write to the text file and the command is terminated.

The code works in 17.2 as long as the workbench file hasn't been saved since March 2019. The same workbench file will stop working if it is saved to the current date. 

Previously working code:'

ETABLE,Exx,EPEL,X !Assign elastic strain x to Exx

ETABLE,Eyy,EPEL,Y !Assign elastic strain y to Eyy

ETABLE,Ezz,EPEL,Z !Assign elastic strain z to Ezz

ETABLE,Exy,EPEL,XY !Assign elastic strain xy to Exy

ETABLE,Eyz,EPEL,YZ !Assign elastic strain yz to Eyz

ETABLE,Exz,EPEL,XZ !Assign elastic strain xz to Exz

!Calculations for Hydrostatic Strain

SADD,EHXY,Exx,Eyy !Add Exx and Eyy

SADD,EHXYZ,EHXY,Ezz !Add Exx, Eyy, and Ezz

SMULT,E_Hyd,EHXYZ,,1/3 !Multiply result by 1/3

!Calculations for Octahedral Shear Strain

SADD,E1,Exx,Eyy,1,-1 !E1 = Exx - Eyy

SEXP,E1SQR,E1,,2 !E1SQR = E1^2

SADD,E2,Eyy,Ezz,1,-1 !E2 = Eyy = Ezz

SEXP,E2SQR,E2,,2 !E2SQR = E2^2

SADD,E3,Ezz,Exx,1,-1 !E3 = Ezz - Exx

SEXP,E3SQR,E3,,2 !E3SQR = E3^2

SADD,E12,E1SQR,E2SQR !E12 = E1SQR + E2SQR

SADD,E123,E12,E3SQR !E123 = E12 + E3SQR

SEXP,E4,Exy,,2 !E4 = Exy^2

SEXP,E5,Eyz,,2 !E5 = Eyz^2

SEXP,E6,Exz,,2 !E6 = Exz^2

SADD,ESH12,E4,E5 !ESH12 = E4 + E5

SADD,ESH13,ESH12,E6 !ESH13 = ESH12 + E6

SMULT,ESHT,ESH13,,6 !ESHT = 6*ESH13

SADD,ETOT,E123,ESHT !ETOT = E123 + ESHT

SEXP,ETOTT,ETOT,,1/2 !ETOTT = ETOT^(1/3)

SMULT,E_OSS,ETOTT,,2/3 !E_OSS = (2/3)*ETOTT

*GET,ecount,ELEM,,COUNT

*DIM,EARRAY,,ecount,2

*VGET,EARRAY(1,1),ELEM,,ETAB,E_Hyd

*VGET,EARRAY(1,2),ELEM,,ETAB,E_OSS

*CFOPEN,Results,txt

*VWRITE,SEQU,EARRAY(1,1),EARRAY(1,2)

(F10.0,5X,F10.8,5X,F10.8)

*CFCLOSE

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Can you issue the SET,LAST command first before executing the remaining post-processing commands in /POST1?

• PSchwarzenberg
      Subscriber

That did it! Everything is working as expected and as it did previously. Thank you for your help!

• HeMeng
      Subscriber
      ArrayHello, SandeepMedikondanI have the same proble the error message of: The Requested SENE data is not available. The ETABLE command is ignored. nI solved the problem based on your suggestion, but I don't know why? Why add  the SET,LAST command ? Because I didn't add  the SET,LAST command in 16.0-18.2, it can run perfectly. But in 19.0-2020r12020r2 and 2021r1,  the SET,LAST command  must be added to run.nMy command is as follows;n/post1               nset,last                netable,den,sene    n     n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.