Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Application Failed to Connect

Subscriber

Hello, by merely glancing through the forum I have encountered numerous posts regarding this problem, none resolved. To list some: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 and countless more have been troubled. I am referring to the "application failed to connect" error message that pops up whenever I attempt to launch Fluent Post, TurboMesh, CFX-Pre and few more. I am attaching screenshots to this post but feel free to refer to the other threads as the problem is more or less the same. I have just reinstalled the entire Ansys suite (while thoroughly wiping all "left-overs" from my computer before proceeding with the installation in a very cautious manner and am positive no corrupts ought to have happened twice in a row. I am running the latest version of 2022 R2 (despite the problem occurring since the 2020 versions and later) on the latest Windows 11 and latest hardware driver updates. Re-installation had no effect, and neither did deactivating my antivirus alongside my firewall (as done during the installation). I can run CFX by executing a command and launching the stand-alone application but whenever I attempt to import an external mesh I am greeted with a message saying there is no instance of Workbench running (which there is). All things considered, I should be able to run CFX and POST directly from Workbench without having to find workarounds.

Thank you for your support, I hope that by resolving this thread we can help future Ansys customers prevent this problem from blocking them in their work.

Kind regards, Tomas J

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

This error can indicate that a fault happened during the installation process or a graphical driver issue. Do you know if the installer has been downloaded from our site? What happens if you run CFX-Pre in standalone? Does it work? If it does work in standalone could you please go to an explorer Window type down %APPDATA% on the path and then go to the folder Ansys. Please search for the folder v201 (say you are using v201) and rename it to v201.old. Then please close the workbench and re-try. Also, try updating the graphics driver.

Regards,

Ashish Khemka

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.