Fluids

Fluids

Application Failed to connect

• AhmedMoharam
      Subscriber

Hello 
      I hope I can find some help here ) I'd really appreciate it 

I 've just installed Ansys student version 19.0 but I faced an error which I cant solve 
      It works fine with fluent but not CFX

Here is the full error :

System.ApplicationException: Application failed to connect.

at Ansys.CFX.Foundation.App.CUEApplicationProxy.Start(Boolean waitForCommands)

at Ansys.CFX.CFXCore.App.CFXPreProxy.LoadApplication()

at Ansys.CFX.Foundation.Data.CUESourceDataObject.Edit(IFullContext context, Boolean interactive)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.CommandWorkUnit.executeInContext(CommandContext subContext, IExecutionEngineCallback tracer)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.doExecute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, CommandContext subContext)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.Execute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, Boolean dontCatchExceptions)

--- Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandFailedException: Application failed to connect.

CommandName: CFX.EditSetup(Container="Setup")

at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.RethrowFailureException(Exception e)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.Wait(Int32 milliSecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)

at Ansys.CFX.CFXCore.Commands.EditSetupCommand.InvokeAndWait(IProtectedContext context, DataContainerReference Container, Boolean Interactive)

at Ansys.CFX.CFXCore.Commands.EditSetupGui.Invoke(GuiOperationContext context)

at Ansys.UI.GuiOperationContext.Invoke(GuiOperationMetaData operationData)

at Ansys.UI.UIManager.InvokeOperationCore(String pseudoname, OperationDelegate callback, Boolean allowOSMessages, Boolean coreTransaction)

Thanks very much

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

Can you post a screenshot of your Workbench Project page? I'd like to see what applications you are trying to connect to CFX (if any), and also if CFX actually exists in your Component Systems list. 

• AhmedMoharam
      Subscriber

Thanks for your reply 

Here is my project components

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

Thanks. Well at least this shows the CFX has been installed and is present.

Can you show the RHS of your Project page, the one that shows how you are linking your applications together.

• AhmedMoharam
      Subscriber

I don't know where I can find it but I don't use separate components only start with the first module and then update and go to the next

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.