July 23, 2020 at 11:08 amElhamSubscriber
Recently, I had been modelling a repeating pressure impulse load on a plate. The fact has been that when I apply the whole load profile as a pressure load at let's say 10 steps, the results (deflection) show that the pulse is applied without any increase in the deformation of the model. Therefore, I tried a different method as below:
I setup my model for 10 steps, but I activate the first load step. when the problem is solved, I export the shear and normal stresses and exit this component. Then I re-read the mentioned stresses using EXTERNAL GEOMETRY and join it to the next transient structural analysis as initial stresses as well as activating (ONLY) the second load step. This way I could capture the ascending order of the deformation until the 10th step.
But I faced this question that:
(I) Is this method ok? I mean didn't I calculated the stresses twice on the 2nd pulse until the 10th pulse?
(II) Do I need to transfer the velocity and acceleration information of each node into the new component for each pulse? If so... how?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.