March 30, 2020 at 1:27 pmDESOJIBSubscriber
I am doing currently Harmonic Simulation In Ansys Workbench. I want to apply moment on the surface which is already listed in the Named Seelction. I want to apply Moment using APDL code in Commands. I am applyng the moment using APDL code M but it seems its not working at all. The Surface Name is FACE and i am using following APDL code in commands.
if anyone can help with this problem it would be a big help to me.
Thank you in advance!
March 30, 2020 at 2:32 pmErik KostsonAnsys Employee
In general the above should work (assuming the tables are OK). Since We do not have a screenshot or description of the model, we make a guess.
The most likely cause is that you are using this command on 3D elements (e.g., HEX or TET) that have only UX, UY, and UZ dof and thus accept only forces, FX,FY, and FZ (so no moments - hence the mx label is not applicable for these elements - it is to be used with shells and beams only that have rotational dof).
March 31, 2020 at 1:10 pmDESOJIBSubscriber
Thank you fro your reply. Is there any other way to convert this 3D elements in 2D elements (shell) in workbench using apdl commands and then apply moment on this 2D elements?.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.