March 26, 2021 at 12:45 amnmate219Subscriber
I'm trying to model pitting corrosion in RC structures, and how the location of pitting affects the cracking of concrete. I've applied a uniform displacement around the steel reinforcement, as well as applied pressure on certain nodes to mimic the pitting corrosion (uniform corrosion * R). Since the intent of this project revolves around determining the affect of pitting location, i'm trying to model the pitting corrosion in a different location with each run. i.e. Run 1 involves node 3761, 3762, 3763, 3764, 3765, 3766 and Run 2 involves node 3767, 3768, 3769, 3770, 3771, 3772. Therefore, if there a way to automate the process of changing the pit location?
I've attached the command file below.
ThanksApril 16, 2021 at 5:56 pmSean HarveyAnsys EmployeenI am not certain if I am missing anything, but you can use the *do loop and then put in *if and if i =1 assign to some nodes (D) delete from other (DDELE). If i=2, assign to some nodes, or just copy the B/C and solve and paste again with the new numbers so you have D commands, then DDELE to remove if you don't want them, then solve and you repeat.nDoes that help?nThanksnSeannViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.