November 7, 2022 at 7:35 amMariah HaSubscriber
I am trying to study a light wave propagation at 0.85 microns wavelength ,through a 20 by 20 microns photodiode, and import the generation into Charge solver to study the electric performance of the device. My question is , is FDTD solver appropriate in this case ( 0.85 wavelength <<< 20 microns structure) where the wavelength is very small compared to the size of the structure ? If not, what is the most suitable lumerical solver that I can use instead of FDTD, and how would I import the generation from that new solver into charge?
November 7, 2022 at 11:41 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
It should be ok to simulate such sized device. Other customers simulate even larger.
You can first get the absorption density using an analysis group, such as from this example:
and this one
After obtaining the absorption power density in .mat data file, you can import to CHARGE.
November 8, 2022 at 4:09 am
November 8, 2022 at 4:32 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
You are right.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.