Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Arcconfig start and end time significance

• kashokbh
      Subscriber

Hi, I am trying to setup a local job submission queue on my machine. The purpose is to setup multiple simulations and add them to the queue so that they solve automatically one after another. This will help me save time as it is difficult to check in on the solve status continuously. I am following the tips given at https://www.simutechgroup.com/tips-and-tricks/it-hpc-articles/109-ansys-remote-solve-manager.

I am not able to understand why the start time suggested is 180 and end time is 23:59. How will this impact the solve of my models? Say I submit a job at 12 noon, will it only start after 180? 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Which solver are you using?  I've not read the document, but does it refer to launching jobs on someone else machine? If so the 18:00 could be to avoid them still using it! 

• kashokbh
      Subscriber

I am using Mechanical. And it is not trying to setup the solve on another machine, it is setting up a local server of sorts to save time by overnight solution of problems

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

that part to setup starting time and ending time from the tips from simutech is just in the case that you don't want any job to start solving when you are at work (this one assumes you finish work at 6pm) , so the 1 st job submitted to ARC will start at 6pm as opposed to start right away if there is no other job running. You can skip this starting/ending time setup step.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.