General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Archard’s Wear Model by Ansys Mechanical Scripting

• kayrabolcal
      Subscriber

Dear Users,

I would like to simulate the wear in a hip implant during a walking cycle. I've attached the geometry in this discussion. Outer part is fixed and i

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Ansys staff can not download any files on the forum, so if you want to reach a larger audience to get answers from, please insert "inline" images describing your problem.
      How are you getting results when you do this manually? Does recording help to record required scripts? Please check:
      https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v212/en/act_cust_mech/act_cust_mech.html and https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v212/en/act_script/act_script.html for more information.
      -Aniket
      How to access Ansys help links
      Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum

• kayrabolcal
      Subscriber
      Hello Aniket,
      I can't get wear results. Only results I get are contact pressure and sliding displacement.

Those pictures are my code and the geometry for wear. This is a ball and socket joint. No translation but every rotation is free. If there is something wrong with my code or you have any suggestions, please shoot it!
      Thanks Kayra Bolcal
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      wear is direct nmisc output for contact elements, and can be output like this: contnmisc172 for wearX, contnmisc176 for WearY and contnmisc180 for wearZ as user expression in the user-defined results in mechanical post tree.
      By default these results are not stored, you need to store them by selecting yes for storing contact misc result items.
      -Aniket
      How to access Ansys help links
      Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
    • Costin
      Subscriber
      @kayrabolcal
      how did you solve the problem?

• averageMechGirl98
      Subscriber

Did it work?
      I myself am doing a wear analysis but cannot seem to get it right. I am weak in the commands part.
      Can you help me out ! Thanks
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.