July 6, 2020 at 6:33 pmcorneSubscriber
I have an analysis with post-buckling behaviour in workbench 2020R1. For this analysis I need to use the arclen method. For my pressure load I need I have to set the "tabular data - Independent variable" to step instead of time.
But I also need to consider gravity and hydrostatic pressure. These two loads are going from 0 to full in the first time step and remain the same in the second time step. It is in this second time step I need to use the arclen method. I hoped that because the gravity and hydrostatic pressure loads don't change in this second load step, it wouldn't be an issue with the arclen method. However it is.
Is there a way to combine these loads with the arclen method or is there a workaround somehow?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.