June 17, 2023 at 9:06 pmpratheeba.chandanagarajanSubscriber
The image is my 2D geometry. I need the area of each node on the red line ( Catalyst outlet line). I have done the 2D transient simulation. On creating export reports, I do not get the area of individual nodes. Please suggest a way to get the area of each node on this red colored line.
June 19, 2023 at 3:16 pmEssenceAnsys Employee
You cannot have the area of the "node", as node is the intersection of two edges. You can however, determine the area of the face of the cell or collective cells. If you need to determine the area of single cell or specific cells, you need to use DEFINE macros in UDF. Please refer to the Ansys guide on using UDFs and macros.
June 19, 2023 at 3:19 pmpratheeba.chandanagarajanSubscriber
Yes, I am referring to the face area. Since I have created this line, I dont get the domain name for writing a Execute_on_Demand UDF for the area. Can you please suggest how I do this?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.