LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Arrow Release Simulation

• Ndumiso
      Subscriber

Hello

I am working on my final year research project where i am required to evaluate the dynamic spine (deflection of the arrow shaft in flight) using explicit dynamics. I ran an experiment in which i used a chronograph to measure the velocity of the arrow. This velocity is used as an initial condition in explicit dynamics. I also draw an arrow with its components and a simplified archery bow. The bow is also equipped with a plunger button (spring with a disk head) which is depressed by the arrow upon release. To represent a plunger button i also draw a disk making contact with an arrow in Autodesk Inventor and then a added a spring in workbench.

To achieve the dynamic spine of the arrow i am required to simulate an archer releasing an arrow from the bow. I imposed a fixed support on the bow and a velocity on an arrow nock (rear end of the arrow). The problem i am having is the arrow not moving at all after running for so long and the simulation runs almost the whole day.

Please see the attached geometry pictures to get the idea of what i am talking about.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Hello @Ndumiso, nIt is important to understand what factors make an Explicit Dynamics solver take a long time to solve.nTwo helpful links are in my reply on this discussion.n

@peteroznewman @SandeepMedikonda Respected Sir I am facing trouble in locating min and max mesh characteristic length in my turning operation. Can you please details explanation here according to my simulationHere I am attaching my ANSYS 2020 R1 file. Give your valuable suggestions and please change in file if any guide explanation on thatGive regards,Mihir Aminhttps://us.v-cdn.net/6032193/uploads/33ZIVSML5DXV/turning-final-2020-r1.ziphttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/21283/regarding-locating-mesh-matrix-characteristic-length

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.