August 21, 2019 at 5:07 amarunsp453Subscriber
I would like to export data of different variables (Coordinates, mean velocity, mean vorticity) from the fluent and intended to view those data in notepad. final aim is to plot streamlines using mean velocity in tecplot.
my doubt is in which extension if i export the data from fluent i am able to open it in note pad and also in tecplot? expecting answer by the known one.
August 21, 2019 at 9:47 amRobAnsys Employee
If you turn on data sampling in Fluent you can probably export that for use in Tecplot? Try it before writing a load of scripts to do this. Otherwise the data file (and some of the export formats) are mostly human readable but aren't necessarily well labelled to allow manipulation. Try everything on a small (under 100 cells) model otherwise you'll never figure it out.
As an aside, I'd recommend using more descriptive titles: we tend to read threads based on that.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.