3D Design

3D Design

asking for parasolid file of bolted nozzel flange

• Elias
      Subscriber
      Hello. May I ask if anyone has parasolid file of bolted nozzle flange used on edx course.or any idea why the wbpz. File can't imported on workbench.
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I provided you the Parasolid information two weeks ago.

To open the .wbpz file, start Workbench, then File, Restore Archive and point to the .wbpz file.

• Elias
      Subscriber
      No that was the bick crank file this is bolted nozzle flange.
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Sorry, I misread your post.  edX course doesn't provide a Parasolid for the nozzle.

I extracted the Parasolid out of the Rocket Nozzle Workbench model, put it in a zip file and attached it below.

• Elias
      Subscriber
      Thanks Peter I imported the parasolid file but it doesn't show the symmetry icon so can't see the full model by suppress it. and if it might related when click at solve it doesn't solve rather shows me error "Invalid geometry" do you have any suggestion?
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

You can add symmetry manually, or simply mirror the geometry: there's more information in the Help documentation. 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Elias, I could unsurpress the symmetry in DesignModeler, but then you would have 200 fasteners and that would exceed the Student license limit of 300 faces and you wouldn't be able to save.

• Elias
      Subscriber
      Oh ok but can I proceed to the next step because it seems symmetry is one essential boundary condition. And I can't solve the solution it shows me Invalid geometry
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Elias, the Parasolid geometry I provided above is good. I just downloaded it, imported it into DM, created a new plane on the face opposite the YZ plane. The new plane is 360/400 degrees in angle away from the YZ plane. I brought that into Mechanical, fixed a face on each of the four bodies, added gravity and it solved.

The problem is in your model, not the Parasolid geometry. In order to get your model running, you will need to insert many images into your reply to explain what you did, so we can try to help.

This is a complicated model, which is why CornellX decided to pre-build some of the model including the symmetry and all the contacts. I recommend you look into why you can't restore the .wbpz file that has the pre-built model.

Since this topic is marked as Solved, Elias has wisely opened a New Discussion. Please comment in the new discussion only.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.