General Mechanical

General Mechanical

“Assembly Failed. Error assembling pmdb and acmo files: Value doesn’t fall within expected range”.

• Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber

Hello there. I had a static structural system to which numerous mechnical models and ACP's were linked. Unfortunately, when I tried to solve it, there were some high distortion problems within my structure and I had to go back to few of the mechanical models to adjust the mesh where the elements were getting distorted. When I re-did the mesh and updated those mechanical models, and then tried opening the static structural system again, I encountered the error as written in the title of this discussion. Its been a day or two that I have been trying to solve this error but I couldn't meet any luck.

I have already tried disconnecting those mechanical models, exporting their mechdat files, and importing these mechdat files back onto the project and connect them back to the main static structural model, but it didn't work. I was not facing the same error as I have named but came this error, "Mechanical failed to open the database''. Then I tried turning it into archieve and again then turning it back to the regular ANSYS file but still it didn't work.

I would be glad if someone can explain me the meaning of the error and help me overcome this error. Thank you.

• Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber
      Any opinion on how to sort out this error, please?
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Not sure if this would work but delete the connection and then right click model> reset(this will clear the .acmo files). Then reconnect the branches, mesh it again and see if it works. Also if that doesn't work try https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/26040/i-was-trying-to-work-in-acp-pre-when-i-updated-the-module-i-got-this-error-please-help.
      Regards Ishan.
    • Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber
      ,"delete the connection and then right click model> reset(this will clear the .acmo files). Then reconnect the branches, mesh it again and see if it works.", the contacts and everything is made in the main static structural model. So the thing that I have highlighted in italic which you have said, I should do it to the small mechanical models or the main static structural model?
    • Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber
      I am also experiencing another error which reads as, "An error occurred while reading the database system. Please send the database to your ANSYS support distributor: [2, 619, 1364].'' This error comes after disconneting some of the mechanical models and then opening the main static structural system. Should I re-install the ANSYS or something, I am using ANSYS 2021R1.
      Any guides on this one please?
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      I believe just resetting the model cell should do and not the whole analysis. There might have been some issue in the mesh files after you changed it and deleting them might resolve it.
      Regards Ishan.
    • Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber
      ,I am sorry but still I couldn't understand that should I reset the model cell for the main static structural system or should I do it for each of the mechanical models (which are dragged and dropped onto the main static structural) after changing their mesh?
      Actually my model is quite huge, and I am just afraid that if I reset the model cell of the main static structural system (where all the connections and joints between the structural parts are made) maybe all of the connections will go and I might have spend time on making them again.
    • Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber
      ,may I get your comments on this one please?
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Incase you are not willing to reset, could you try recovering the model as shown in this article - https://www.padtinc.com/blog/corrupt-ansys-mechanical-database-you-might-be-able-to-recover/.
      Regards Ishan.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.