June 3, 2020 at 6:45 pmnavarunjSubscriber
Hi. I'm trying to simulate a ground-signal-ground coplanar waveguide (GSG CPW). The electrodes are on top of insulating material (lithium niobate), and there is a rectangular ridge in that material. The attached images show a cross section, zoomed in on the two electrodes and the ridge. I attempted to make an E field plot. But something seems to be wrong: the structure is symmetrical, but the resulting E field plot is asymmetrical. In particular, I see a patch of red to the right of the ridge, which I don't see to the left of the ridge.
Can someone help me figure what is causing this? I'm producing the plot as follows: In the model tree, I'm right-clicking on one of my rectangles, then "Plot Fields," then "E," then "Mag_E." Then the window pops up titled "Create Field Plot." In that window I'm just accepting all the default settings and clicking "Done."
June 15, 2020 at 6:13 amrtkAnsys Employee
The way you plot the E-field seems to be fine.
So, you can check your model and port settings again:
1. Make sure no factors that cause the model to be asymmetric is there
2. Check the Wave Port definition for CPW (refer the HFSS help document)
3. Go for Port Field Display for the analysis of port fields and see whether they are coming in the required way.
Hope this will help you to sort out the issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.