Fluids

Fluids

Automatic generation of plots for every Design Point

• alimjalled
      Subscriber

Hello Everyone,

I am running parametric workbench simulation and I want to save for every design point the plot of the local heat transfer coefficient on the walls.

When I export the surface heat transfer coef for dp0 I find the file I want in the local directory of this design point. However when I add another design point and go to it's local directory I get the same file of dp0 (the results in workbench table for dp1 are updated however).

My question is how can I automatically get the results of the plot of surface heat transfer coef for every design point ?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      may know more as he uses CFD Post, but I think you need to publish the report and do the update. The box on the right is the Properties of the Results part of the workflow.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      I agree with Prepare everything in CFD-Post and enable what Rob mentioned and you will get what you want.
    • alimjalled
      Subscriber
      Thank you Both for your answers.
      Isn't possible to do it in ansys fluent ? because my wall is sinusoidal curve and I can in fluent directly plot the surface htc by choosing my wall. However in ansys Post I have to draw a line (which is a sine wave in my case and I don't know how to do this) and to plot the surface htc on it.
      Thank You !!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you're wanting it in Fluent make sure you set the save path as ./filename to avoid the full path being retained in Fluent. The problem is triggering the save at the end of the run, as there isn't an easy way to do that.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.